Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Project Priority - The T. Collection

I have decided to make the 'T. Collection - A Retrospective' project a priority above the 'Shadows on the Carpet' at this time.  I have been sitting on the 15 poems in this series for a long time looking for someone to illustrate it for next to zero money as I have been on a shoestring budget and my efforts to raise money via Fund Anything for 'Shadows' fell flat. 

I am tapping into my own creativity and creating 'photo art' to go with the poems because I have specific images in mind to go with most of the poems.  My writers' group authors are using Create Space (Amazon)  to self publish their novels and have encouraged me to use that resource as well.  I don't know how well it will work for poetry, but they do mention poetry in their publishing info and images as well.

Soooo..........  let me share 'Marigolds' with you now.  There is an audio version of it as well for those that are interested - link provided - click here


MARIGOLDS

photo art by AVR
When I see marigolds
I remember the time
We strolled down the alley
Hand in hand
Stopping to kiss

You stooped down
Picked some marigolds
Gave them to me
A sign of your love

And then I get
A flashback
Of the pain
On your face
As I walked
Out of your life

Not knowing then
It would be forever

No comments:

Post a Comment