Sunday, August 4, 2013

Shadows on the Carpet - Release

As I am back up and running, I would like to share a poem from the 8th section of Shadows on the Carpet - Release.  The poem is titled Released into Renewal and describes a catharsis releasing me from the past and starting me on a journey to healing.  As always, comments are welcome and appreciated.



Released into Renewal

My true essence
smashed against
© photo art by AVR
rocks of your
indifference

Bits, pieces forged
Phoenix from
burnt ash fed
by aversion

Tainted future
- no longer
smoke  mirrored
as reflections

Of your disdain -
fades and this
fallacious
facade crumbles

Image of the
whore in the
viral meme
looped in your mind

Disintegrates
as the corpse
in your grave
decomposes

I burst out of
forced cocoon
s p r e a d i n g  my
newly formed  w i n g s

© Alice Vedral Rivera 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment