Thursday, June 20, 2013

Czech/English - Denisa




I wrote this poem in Prague about a young lady I had the privilege of meeting in 2009.  I don't usually write about specific people but this poem just came to me.  I translated it while I was still in the Czech Republic.  I hope she liked it. 
 

Denisa


Ray of sunshine
When she smiles
photo by AVR
Energetic
Sunflower
Wise young angel
Introduced
By pure fate
I see a much
Younger version
Of me in her
Exuberance

A few days
In Chicago
An afternoon
In Prague with a
Kindred spirit
I realize
How blessed I am
To have met this
Sister/daughter
Again in this
My last lifetime

© Alice Vedral Rivera 2009 cz

Denisa

Paprsek sluníčka
Když se usmívá
Energetická
Slunečnice
Moudrý mladý anděl
Seznámil nás čistý osud
Vidím v ní mladší
Verzi sebe v jejím
Kinetickém elánu

Pár dní v Chicagu
Odpoledne v Praze
Se soucitnou duší
Dochází mi jak
Jsem požehnaná
Že jsem se setkala
S touhle sestrou-dcerou
Opět v tomto mém
Posledním životě

© Alice Vedral Rivera 23.9.09 cz

No comments:

Post a Comment