Saturday, September 27, 2014

Alive in Wonderland



I realized, the other day, that I had written 19 Poemhunter inspired poems and then I wrote 2 more.  I will be re-posting those poems to PH one at a time and I will endeavor to add my own audio to some - so far the audio doesn't seem to be taking.

FYI, I am grateful for the Poemhunter website.  It was the PH forum that taught me not to take criticism so personally and helped me overcome my fear of sharing my poetic ‘babies’.  The poets I have met and continue to meet on this site have left indelible marks on my writing by their example, encouragement, critiques, comments and forum discourses.  I have to credit the PH forum for inspiring me to write a good many of my social/political commentary poems.  This poem is part of "Shadows on the Carpet I", '
Visions' section (inspired by the PH forum).



ALIVE IN WONDERLAND

Going down the rabbit hole
Ravages one’s eternal soul
photo by AVR
Shrinking it down very small
Blowing it up nine feet tall

Living in Wonderland
Not having the upper hand
A life with integrity
It’s not so easy

Listening to the queen of hearts
Scream about some stolen tarts
More tea parties to be had
Thinking that you’re going mad

Being the underdog
Listening to a pedagogue
Say: “Live with integrity”
It’s not so easy

Floating through the looking glass
See distortion as you pass
A pathetic figurine
Wants to be a real queen

Alive in Wonderland
Where life is never bland
Living with integrity
Is not so easy

© Alice Vedral Rivera - 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment